What Are the Benefits of Getting a Messenger RNA (mRNA) COVID-19 Vaccine?
Credit: Cody Shipman, CoVPN
After receiving 2 doses, this vaccine can reduce the risk of:
- Being hospitalized with severe COVID-19 disease
- Dying as a result of severe COVID-19 symptoms
The vaccines were tested in and found to be safe for:
- Racial and ethnic minorities
- Older adults aged 65 and older
- People with pre-existing medical conditions*
*Pre-existing medical conditions include obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and chronic heart and lung diseases.
Together we can help end uncertainty. Join us.
We need your help to keep learning and improving vaccines against COVID-19. We made history with safe and effective vaccines and we’ll keep working as long as there are people to protect, variants emerging, and research answers needed to end this pandemic. To participate:
- Fill out the survey again so we have your most current information to match you with a study, even if you filled it out previously!
- If you haven’t registered to volunteer before, sign up today. There’s still a lot we can do together for those we love.
Content last reviewed on May 18, 2021